Of Distractions and Perseverance

August 19, 2017

Honestly, I don't know what I am writing right now.


I woke up earlier than usual today even though it's a Saturday because I want this day to be as productive as ever. Because, hello, long weekend! But here I am, doing nothing, checking Facebook for around two hours now. 

I have been trying to write or think of what to do that will help me achieve what I want in the next days but my mind says, 'No, go to Facebook.' Really crazy.

Now, my mind is clouded. I feel so drained right now. I know I ma just basing everything in my emotions. I want to go out, find some resort and just write there, but I don't know where to go, or I am just lazy to even just take a bath. Sigh. Why, laziness!

There's this post about focus as well but this blog, if you'll check, wasn't even continued as promised.

Oh, here comes condemnation again.

And yes, distraction.

I am wanting to rebrand my blogs. I want to write again because this is my passion. I know this is it. But, what is happening is I am constantly distracted. Even right now, at this very moment, I want to just skip this post and then go back to Facebook. Say Hi old lady. You're 26 years old for heaven's sake, grow up!

But then God has His own, magnificent and extra ordinary ways of saying that He wants me to PERSEVERE.

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faithproduces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. - James 1:2-5 

Clearly, he wants me to be MATURED - which is not surprising as well because I have been praying about this for years already. Haha! Yes, I know I am not yet matured and I tend to really be go with the flow or whatsoever. But in this season God wants me to be matured and that will only come out when I PERSEVERE according to His will.



I know I have been trying to do this before with another person or even by myself.

But now, I can hear God say, 'Let's do this together, my daughter. I love you.'

If you are like me who is easily distracted as well, I know God wants you to grow as well in this life. Not just in this world but all the more in His word. My prayer is that we will fight the enemies in winning over our work, our mind, our heart, and our strength. God is a generous God and a loving God who will always, always remind us of our worth in Him.

You Might Also Like

0 comments